WISCONSIN STATE MUSIC CONFERENCE
OCTOBER 23-26, 2013 • MONONA TERRACE • MADISON, WI
WMEA Legislative Breakfast
|Attendee Resource Center|
Thursday, October 24, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. - 9:40 a.m.
Wisconsin State Music Conference
Monona Terrace Convention Center, Grand Terrace
1 John Nolen Drive, Madison, WI
Want to make an impact on the future of music education in Wisconsin? Invite your state representative to join you and other attendees at this special legislative breakfast event. It's an easy way to advocate for music education. We'll provide you with a variety of tools to make your part easy, including the invitation, talking points for the breakfast and more! Plus, there will be great guest speakers and a special performance by Wisconsin school musicians. This is an excellent way to provide our state legislators the opportunity to observe first hand the importance of music in the lives of Wisconsin students. Please join us.
- Remarks by WMEA President-Elect Jim Scheuer and guest speaker Susan Lipp of Full Compass.
- Recognition of state representatives, state senators and special guests.
- Inspiring performances by Wisconsin school musicians.
Closing remarks and visits with business representatives.
Save Your Place! On-Line Registration Deadline: October 20
Invite Your Legislator
Mail your legislator's invitation in a hand written envelope. Be sure to follow up with a telephone call to your legislator's office approximately one week after mailing the invitation.
These steps sound like extra work but they have proven effective in attracting legislators to various events.
Legislator Invitation (PDF)
1. Contact your state representative and state senator to invite them to attend the Legislative Breakfast with you. Not sure
who your legislators are? Visit: http://waml.legis.state.wi.us/ for their contact information.
2. Personalize the Legislator Invitation and mail it in a hand-addressed envelope to your legislator or through email. Be
sure to include a personal note on the invitation, encouraging your legislator to join you.
3. Follow up your mailed invitation with a telephone call prior to the October 20 RSVP deadline.
4. Be sure to register for the breakfast by October 20.
5. Spread the word! Encourage your colleagues across the state to invite their legislators to this one of a kind event,
where you can share the positive effects music education has on your community with one another.